Tree Service Charlottesville – Stump Removal
After tree removal, the complete removal of stumps via grinding is highly recommended. Stumps can attract pests such as termites, bees, carpenter ants, and more. Anytime you provide a home for these pests the potential is high for them to migrate to your home, or simply be a nuisance on your property. You may also get tired of trying to avoid these stumps with the lawn-mower, tripping on them, maneuvering around them with your car, or just from their unsightly appearance! The grinding typically is 8 or so inches below grade and we can grind out all the roots as well as the stump itself.
What to Know about Stump Grinding
- Width of machines are 35 inches (typical backyard gates are 36 inches or wider).
- Grinding turns your stump and roots into mulch (almost like sawdust) which remains on-site.
- This mulch has many uses such as weed-barrier, flowerbed mulch, compost, etc.
- Sprinkler line damage is at the customer's risk, but is carefully evaluated for location prior to grinding.
- Many risks are associated with stump grinding. Our team will assess for these and inform you of any potential issues that must be considered.
Costs will depend on numerous factors such as type of tree, age and integrity of stump, diameter, and location/accessibility of the stump.
We must also take into account any hazards above or below ground, soil conditions, extent of grinding requested and degree of cleanup. We can offer discounts for multiple stumps removed at the same time.
While it is an extra expense, stump grinding is the only way to completely remove a stump in a quick and safe fashion. Contact us today for a FREE estimate!
For proper stump measuring for removal, visit our instructions HERE.